Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Add Drop Week.


26 & 27th .10.08

27th of this month was really a big day to me.

Cuz it was the day when the Add Drop Week was going to start.

It was kinda scary cuz it was my first time to add courses through the internet.

I have no idea how’s the situation going to be.

Was the line going to be congested with tons of applicants?

Or,

If I could successfully add all the courses that I wanted to add.

Full of question marks.

7.3pm, June, Jian Ning, Keong and I left for DKG5 after taking our dinner n bath.


Some of us brought a lot of things, likes books, papers, pens, multiple socket, water and even food.

Seemed like going to live in Africa for months.

LOL

Luckily there was just a few people there when we arrived.

Quickly, we sat at somewhere near the socket and “set up” our laptop.

At 8pm, Alex, Cai Li and Pih Ling turned up.

There were 4 hours left before 12am.

So during that 4 hours, some of us were relaxing by playing games, watching movie, eating and chatting, while some were still busy with their timetable.

I was one of the latter one.

When I was almost finished, suddenly Sam and Kieth showed up.

I ended up following their timetable (since my timetable couldn’t meet most of their demands).

I thought the problems were solved there and I could simply sit down, relax and wait for add-drop.

However, problems arose when we found that Sam hadn’t updated the course timetable yet.

So we had to arrange the timetable once again.

Really troublesome!

So it took us another hour to get our timetable ready.

Huh!

Time went by.

.
.
.

One minute before 12am, all of us were counting down.

Once it came to 12am, I quickly key in the code of Financial Management (the utmost important course for my next sem).

I was so glad tt the course has been successfully updated!

Everything was going smooth at first.

However, soon after several adding, the speed of the line had become bloody slow.

And I found that some groups of courses that I intended to add had become full.

Quickly I moved to plan B.

Again, FULL.

Plan C.

Again, FULL.

After several tries, finally, there was only one course left.

I thought at last I could make it.

THANKS to the goddamn super slow line, half of an hour had passed (I heard tt the portal would only open for ½ hour for add-drop).

By then, none of us could log in anymore.

Haiz!

(Cai Li and Alex were waiting patiently to log in again)

But we never gave in to the goddamn super slow line, we kept on trying and trying…until finally miracle appeared!

Nano could log in!

(Nano with his laptop)

So all of us used Nano’s laptop to add our courses.

Thanks god!

We finally made it.

All of us were over the moon.

Though my timetable wasn’t arranged as I wished, I really appreciate what I got now cuz many of my friends couldn’t even add any course.

It’s about 3.3am when we finally finished adding all the courses.

Finally we could go back to our room to have a good sleep.

zzzzzz

No comments: