Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Detox!


30.09.08

Pairs of chromosomes in a gene, and one determines your skin condition.

Genetics is one of the factors certainly to blame for bouts of acne.

Individuals with oily, thicker skin inherited from mom or dad tend to be most affected.

Unfortunately, I’m one of the individuals mentioned above.

I used to blame my parents (in my heart) for passing down such a bad gene to me.

But, nowadays, I’m no longer a “reproacher”.

Instead, I should thank my parents.

The inheritance of bad skin condition always reminds me to lead a healthy lifestyle (sound airs and graces, but it’s true).

Avoid taking in evil junk food, maintaining 8 hours sleep each day and exercising at least 3 times a week are the basic healthy lifestyle I mean.

However, sometimes, the seduction of the mean unhealthy food is irresistible.

For eg, during the steamboat gathering two days ago, I told myself that I should only take in the boiled food for my skin’s sake.

But when come to reality, it’s a different story.

Looking at the sausages sizzling on the teppanyaki made me lose control (as you can see from the pics in “steamboat gathering – 28.09.08”, our “steamboat” is teppanyaki and steamboat combined).

Forgetting about the “healthy lifestyle”, I ate tons of FRIED sausages, hams, fish balls, chicken slices, and sotong.

Guess what “awards” did I get in consequence of that.


Tons of acne!

Today, I told myself that I must undergo a detoxification to get rid of the acne during these few days before I go back to UUM.


A detoxification can be practiced at different levels, depending on your needs and how far you want to take it.
I have chosen the simple one.


Below is my DETOX plan :


1. DETOX DIETS:
Fresh Natural Organic Fruit Juice
Today, I tried to create a new juice – I hav oredy named it – Miracle Juice SK3
The combination is quite fresh.
Here is the “recipe”:


Ingredients:
½ Aloe vera
3 slices of honey dew
A bottle of Yakult yogurt drink

Steps:


1. Slice the aloe vera and the honey dew into small pieces.


2. Then put all the pieces into the blender.


3. Add the Yakult.


4. Push the button “ON” and wait for about 1 minute.


5. A glass of Miracle Juice SK3 is served.

Try it if you dare (cuz some people dun like the flavor of aloe vera).

2. DRINK, DRINK AND DRINK!
Water is the key to flushing out toxins.
So, I kept remind myself to drink water.
Before drinking water, I must remind myself to boil water first (since all of my family members were out of town).

3. WHAT GOES IN MUST COME OUT


It’s the best to begin with the intestines to prevent toxic substances from become reabsorbed.
So, I drank a glass of plain warm water once I wake up to moisture my intestines so that it can move adequately enough to expel the toxins.

4. YOGA
I choose to practice yoga since I am the kind of person who is lazy to move a lot.
Yoga has the ability to relax your body and control your breathing.
Depending on what yoga you practice, it has different outcome.
I choose to practice the simple one like:


Certainly not this:

No comments: