Sunday, February 22, 2009

Dragonball - Evolution o Devolution?


I know many of the anime fans have been very excited about the forthcoming live action movie - DragonBall Evolution.
If I'm not mistaken, the anime series were played on NTV7 or TV2 every Saturday or Sunday.

I admit that I was a huge fan of Dragonball when I was a little kid.

Yet, my previous experiences tell me that any adaptation will suck.
So, I'm less than esthused about the forthcoming movie adaptation.
Having seen the poster of the movie, my precognition has been justified :


Look at the so-called Goku:


Wearing the same costume doesn't mean that they just look alike.

In the cartoon series, Goku does have a considerable amount of muscle, but this guy, come on, he doesn't even seem like working out to play the role.

The so-called Bulma pula:




She just doesn't look like the iconic blue hair character in the anime.
The worst part of the movie is master Roshi:



I'm sorry to say that, Uncle Yun Fatt, you look too young and serious to portray the role.

The role Master Roshi should be played by someone who looks a bit like a lecherous old man.

Definitely not by someone with that serious-looking face.

Overall, I can't really tell how the movie is going to be since I havn't watched the movie yet.

What I can tell is that the characters are really a mess-up.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This movie sucks big time. They've taken a great story and turned it into dog poo.

Anonymous said...

ya...i agree with u..
but it's really difficult to make it 100% izzit?
if they really found someone with lot of muscles, like Arnold, i dun think it'll be more interesting, but nauseating.
therefore, my opinion is, comic DRAGONBALL is better than movie for sure.

jacob said...

haha, i totally agree wif u guys, comic dragonball is better than the movie for sure...

м裏.jëиz said...

i totally agree with you!! the characters are all messed up.

what a turn off.