Tuesday, February 03, 2009

CNY Eve


Early in the morning, my mum was busy worshipping.

The smells of the incense, steamed chicken, fresh fruits … (things that are used for worshipping) were full of my house.

This kind of CNY ambience, somehow, I like it very much.

This year, we waited until the CNY eve before we started to decorate our house for Chinese New Year.

Again, it’s about hanging blinking illuminations, flashy firecrackers, glittery lanterns in front of the house.

Inside of the house, we pasted some spring festival scrolls.


Outside of the house pula, we decorated the bonsai with some artificial plum blossom and mini accessories.


During this year Chinese New Year, I discovered something special concerning the house decoration.

Some people tend to decorate their house with the blue color illuminations which made their house look as if it’s going to celebrate Christmas.


To me, it is a bit inappropriate and odd.

Personally, I think the typical type of fine decorated sample should be like this:

(Reddish Sparkling Deco.)

By tradition, the most important thing of the CNY eve is having a reunion dinner.

At 5pm plus, my mum prepared some auspicious dishes for our reunion dinner.

I have to say that this is the most sumptuous reunion dinner that I have ever had…

I was very very full after dining.

(I will upload pics of the dishes later)

At 10pm plus, my friends and I had a little “Lao Shang” gathering at Pat’s house.

(5 of us)

We bought a take-away Yu Shang at Restaurant Bentong before we headed to Pat’s house in Desa Damai.


It was a vegetarian Yu Shang since many of us don’t like to eat the Sashimi and some of us would like to practice vegetarianism on the first day of Lunar Chinese New Year.

Before we started to Lao Shang, it’s Mahjong Time.


Sin Teng, who was playing with her curly hair, looked really like a Queen of Gamble who was getting impatient with other players.
In the end, I was told that Sin Teng was the ultimate winner.

At 12am plus, it was already the first day of the Lunar Chinese New Year, we started to Lao.

Everyone was busy “Lao”ing and saying some auspicious phrases during the Lao Shang.
As usual, the Yu Shang ain’t tasty, but we had a good time during the Lao Shang.

At the same time, Pat's family was worshipping to invite the "God of Wealth" / "Uncle Choi".

Hopefully Uncle Choi will giv me some wealth too :)
Here, I wanna wish u guys Happy Chinese New Year.
May u all hav a prosperous bullish year!

2 comments:

м裏.jëиz said...

wahaha =)

"worshipping"... nice word to use eh~

jacob said...

u r laughing at me o praising me?
Can't get it...hehe