Friday, February 06, 2009

Cho 1,2 & 3


During these three days, my daily schedules were more o less the same – paying CNY calls/ Bai Nian.

One of the main fun of paying a CNY call is having chances to taste all these tasty stuff like pineapple tarts, nga-gu chips, honey-almond cookies…which you can only see/taste it once in a year.

Since all these “precious” cookies in my house had been “reserved” to serve guests, on paying CNY calls, I didn’t hold back from eating these cookies at a mouthful.

Sound discourteous, but that’s the unedited side of my personality, a serious food fanatic.

At Cho 3, I attended my once-in-a-year “Primary School Gathering” which was organized by Ah Bee this year.

At first, we intended to dine at Bentong Restaurant.

However, the poor service of the restaurant let us down badly as it failed to offer us a table by the time we reached there, though we had booked a table at Cho 2.

We had no alternative but to choose to dine at Kristal Restaurant.
Another Lao Shang, it seems Bentong people like to Lao Shang very much.
During the Lao Shang, it was funny to hear the girls saying: Marry the Wealthy!
Mun Nyee couldn't help serving everybody continously.
No wonder she likes to work in GICC as a waitress.
Kah Woon with the fish.
She is a damn funny girl.
I just can't help laughing everytime she says something.
5 Fu
There were merely 11 of us (former classmates) attending the gathering.
The others either went bac to work or went back to study.
Rumor has it that the food of Kristal Restaurant is very very bad.
I think it’s time for me (as a consumer) to clarify the rumor.
And I have to day, Yes, the rumor is true.
The food there is terrible.
Trust me, don’t go there for dining if you come to Bentong.
Try Bentong Restaurant or even Chi Wei Xian.
Personally, I think Bentong Restaurant is quite ok cuz I attended both my cousin’s wedding and Form 6 gathering in Bentong Restaurant at Cho 2.
The food there didn’t disappoint me though there were tons of people dining at the restaurant during Cho 2.
On a scale of 1 to 5, with 1 showing the food is horrible, terrible and undescribable and 5 showing the food is excellent, delicious and over the top, I wanna give a “4” to Bentong Restaurant and a “1” to Kristal Restaurant.
After the "fabulous" dinner, we went to Gui's house to gamble.
I was told that in this year, the Dragon Children is Fan Tai Sui
(meaning to say that they are out of luck this year.)
Though i was one of the Dragon Children, I was able to win quite a lot of money at playing whether blackjack or mahjung.
Maybe I should thank Uncle Choi for blessing me.
Hehe...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet memories...
remember to keep in touch